Endocrinology focuses on conditions that affect the endocrine system, which is a collection of hormone-producing glands that control metabolism, growth and sexual development.
Endocrinology is a medical specialty focused on the glands that produce hormones—the endocrine system. These hormones control many basic functions in our bodies, including how we metabolize food, our sex, and reproductive systems, blood sugar levels, blood pressure, energy levels, bone growth, body heat and more.
If you or someone you care about suffers from a disorder that affects the endocrine system, you’ll be glad to know that Healing Hospital has a team of expert endocrinologists who care for adults and children with these conditions.
Our board-certified endocrinologists—physicians with advanced training in diagnosing and treating endocrine disorders—along with diabetes educators, nurses, nutritionists, and others with expertise in this field, provide comprehensive, high-quality care, conveniently close to home.
THE ENDOCRINOLOGY CONDITIONS WE SEE AT HEALING HOSPITAL
Our endocrinologists see the full range of hormone-related conditions, including:
- Thyroid disease (thyroid nodules, hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, Graves’ disease, thyroid disease in pregnancy)
- Diabetes (type 1, type 2, gestational diabetes)
- Adrenal disease (adrenal nodules, Addison’s disease, Cushing’s disease, hyperaldosteronism)
- Pituitary disease
- Disorders of the parathyroid gland
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (POS)
- Low testosterone