Pregnancy and Child care guide for first time parents – Gynaecologist in Chandigarh
Pregnancy and Child care is the joint responsibility of both husband and wife. The traditional role that women are solely responsible for her pregnancy and child care, no longer exists in the modern times. Now, men are equally involved in this 9 month long journey and beyond. So here is the pregnancy and child care guide for the first time parents.
PREGNANCY GUIDE FOR FIRST TIME PARENTS
- Be patient: You both have to be very patient during entire pregnancy as it is a marathon, not a short race. You have to work as team with understanding and commitment. It is most effective way to reduce stress and anxiety in your relationship during pregnancy.
- Educate yourself: Spend some time in gathering knowledge about your pregnancy and you should access only reliable source for this purpose like parenting books, genuine blogs etc.
- Give consideration to balance and nutritious diet: If you love to eat fast food or dine in at restaurants, then it is high time that you should change your preferences. It is best that you should only opt for homemade food. Make sure that you are giving due consideration to your health as only healthy parents can ensure healthy babies. Read about the diet during pregnancy here
- Plan together: You should discuss things such as deciding about the best maternity hospital for your own self, opting cesarean or normal delivery plan, exploring delivery charges or packages, medications and hospital visits, beforehand. You can also plan to take holiday together in the first trimester.
- Eliminate or at least reduce your bad habits and stressors: If you have habits of drinking, smoking etc. then it is the right time to eliminate them. Same goes toward professional and personal stressors that can affect pregnancy. Read about the things you should avoid during pregnancy here https://www.healinghospital.co.in/10-top-things-to-avoid-during-the-first-trimester/
- Go to every appointment together so that you both are well aware about the stages of pregnancy; condition of the child as well the necessary changes that are required to accommodate the baby.
- Put your social life on hold: Re-prioritize your social life and spend as much time possible together to enrich your bonding.
- Prepare the nursery: The best thing as a parent you can do is to convert your home into a clean, relaxing and comfortable sanctuary for your child.
- Seek expert advice only: If you have any doubt then it is best to consult your gynecologist to get reliable information about your condition. You can book your appointment at our acclaimed mother and child care hospital in Chandigarh located in heart of the city, with an experienced and highly reliable team of gynecologists here https://healinghospital.co.in/mother-and-child-care-hospital-in-chandigarh/
CHILD CARE GUIDE FOR FIRST TIME PARENTS
Don’t panic about everything (Big and Small!)
Most new parents fuss about everything from infrequent bowel movement to eating, crying, sleeping patterns etc. You should know that babies are far more resilient and they don’t require any help in most of the situations. You should only have to focus on danger signs and rest, enjoy time with your bundle-of-delight.
Let your baby cry all out (Its good for their development)
New parents feel anxious over the infant crying as they think that something is always wrong. They will try everything to stop baby from crying. Crying is the only way, baby communicate with their parent.
It is perfectly normal for babies to cry for an hour or two but if your child has fever, rashes, swollen belly or any other unusual signs then it is must that you should take them to pediatrician at the soonest. If you require any expert pediatric consult, you can let us know your concerns at https://healinghospital.co.in/mother-and-child-care-hospital-in-chandigarh/
No bath for baby until umbilical cord falls off
You should give your baby sponge baths to make sure that their umbilical cord stays dry. It will help it to fall faster and it mostly takes around two weeks. You may see a little bleeding when umbilical cord falls but that is normal.
Don’t wake your baby for breastfeed
It is a common perception that babies require breastfeed within an hour or two especially at night. Mother milk has all the nutrients required for baby and it is sufficient for your baby to sleep entire night easily. It is best to let mother and baby sleep through the night as it helps mother to rest properly. On the other hand it helps your baby to grow at steady pace.
Know the difference between spit-up and vomit
You should know that there is difference between spit-up and vomiting. During earlier months of a baby, spit-up is very common in babies and it can happen due to irregularity in feeding.
On the other hand, vomiting happens due to gastrointestinal virus and happens after half-an-hour to an hour of feeding. If you recognize that it is vomit then you should visit pediatrician for best advice and medication if required.
Fever can be dangerous among new born
If your baby is less than 3 months then fever over 38 o Celsius is critical and a threat to your baby’s life. This does not include the fever that happens within 24 hours of immunization.
If you feel that baby is warm then don’t give any medicine on your own. You should visit your child care specialist at the soonest for proper treatment. For immediate help you can also contact our child care hospital at https://healinghospital.co.in/mother-and-child-care-hospital-in-chandigarh/
Give attention to your baby’s oral care
You should give good attention to your baby’s oral healthcare. Once teeth of your baby have emerged then it becomes necessary to clean and care for them. You should also avoid things such as feeding your baby with milk bottle in bed as that can damage their teeth.
Don’t follow unreliable information
As a new parent, you should never trust unreliable sources for parenting advice. You should always talk to your doctor for right tips and suggestions.
Pregnancy and Child care can be a joyful and a very fulfilling experience for both the parents. It is imperative that you are clear about your role and responsibilities so as to bring a happy and healthy child into this world!
Healing Hospital in Chandigarh is there to help you in this wonderful and life-changing journey. We are consistently striving towards creating positive, healthy and highly fruitful experience during your pregnancy and baby delivery. We offer range of medical and complimentary services into all-inclusive single-priced, affordable baby delivery package. To know more about us, contact at https://healinghospital.co.in/mother-and-child-care-hospital-in-chandigarh/
Have any questions?