Pregnancy guide for the first time expecting mothers
Pregnancy is a blessed time and should be spend with utmost care and serenity. ‘Pregnancy Glow’ is indeed a characteristic of an expecting mother. When you are pregnant, you certainly want that your pregnancy sails smoothly the way you always dreamed of but it might not be a reality especially for first time mothers.
This happens generally due to the concerns, fears and anxieties related with the pregnancy. This pregnancy guide is sure to help you gain better perspective and guidance so that you can enjoy a happy and healthy pregnancy.
Here are the prominent signs that show ‘you are pregnant’:
- The earliest signs of pregnancy are morning sickness and breast tenderness.
- Many women can have slight bleeding in the first trimester. It signals that the fertilized embryo has rooted in the uterus.
- Discharge of thin liquid that is also milky is very common during first trimester. You should not use tampon if you are expecting as that could introduce germs in uterus.
- Low energy level is also a strong sign that you are pregnant as the body starts working harder for growing a baby.
- You will have craving for different types of food.
- Mood swings and weight gain is also a sign of pregnancy
- Increase in the frequency of urination.
When the first trimester is finished, your baby will be fully formed (around 10 centimeter long and 28 grams weight) and it will have working hands, arms, fingers, toes, feet, urinary system, circulatory system and will be able to open and close his mouth.
This happens within 12 weeks from conception. Hence, it is of paramount importance that you are planning the pregnancy consciously from the very beginning. You can start your journey by selecting a reputed and resourceful maternity hospital that provides access to qualified and experienced gynecologists, dieticians and other medical specialists. You can explore our mother and child care hospital located in heart of the city Chandigarh at https://healinghospital.co.in/mother-and-child-care-hospital-in-chandigarh/
Book your first antenatal appointment
Most of the women opt for home pregnancy test to confirm their pregnancy. If the test is positive then you should book antenatal appointment for medical
confirmation. It is indeed very crucial for healthy pregnancy.
It is preferred to visit antenatal in the first six weeks to confirm intrauterine pregnancy as well as to assess any risk factors. You can read about how to manage
high risk pregnancy here https://www.healinghospital.co.in/7-practical-tips-for-managing-a-high-risk-pregnancy-healing-hospital-chandigarh/
Select your Doctor/Gynecologist wisely
Once you have 10 weeks pregnancy, then it is time to visit and choose one of the best gynecologist for ‘Down Syndrome Screening’ of fetus. It also helps in
assessment for the ‘Preterm Labor’ and high blood pressure that is specific to pregnancy. Here is the list of information that you need to provide to the Gynecologist –
- Your general health and chronic medical history
- Medical history of your family (for hereditary conditions)
- Period information prior to pregnancy
- Time of your last period (for finding due date)
- Any problem noticed since last menstrual period
- Other gynecological problems
- Previous pregnancies (miscarriages, abortion)
- Chromosomal or genetic disorder, development delays, birth defects (of both parents and their family)
What will Gynecologist do during the first appointment?
- Conduct a thorough physical examination
- Pelvic exam (Pap smear) if necessary
- Chlamydia and gonorrhea possibility
- Urine sample
- Blood test (to identify blood type, anemia, HIV, rhesus factor, hepatitis B, syphilis, immunity to rubella and chicken pox)
List of things that you should enquire from your Gynecologist:
- Your ‘Birth Plan’ (options for giving birth) – Normal Delivery, Painless delivery , Cesarean Delivery
- Expected Due Date
- Medication, supplements taken since last period
- Exposure to Potential Toxin (your living area, living condition, work environment etc.)
- Any other personal queries related to your physical and psychological health.
You should feel free to inquire everything that you are concerned about to the gynecologist. It is therefore, important that you have made a sensible choice
regarding the Gynecologist.
A friendly, experienced and genuine maternity expert can be an immense help in reducing the anxieties and promoting normal and natural child birth. If you are looking for a team of gynecologists then you can book an appointment at https://healinghospital.co.in/mother-and-child-care-hospital-in-chandigarh/
How can you help yourself?
Adding exercises, balanced diet and healthy lifestyle will make your life much easier during pregnancy. In case, exercises and healthy diet is new for you then
you should know that it is never too late to give your body much needed attention. You can read in detail about the diet during pregnancy here https://www.healinghospital.co.in/diet-during-first-pregnancy-healing-hospital-chandigarh/
Multivitamins for pregnant women is also very important. You should ask your doctor about what type of multivitamin you should take. Adding folic acid (type of vitamin B) in your diet is also helpful as it will increase red blood cells and also reduce the chances of birth defects.
You should avoid consuming Vitamin A, D and E supplements as they are not recommended in pregnancy. In case, you are looking for expert advice related to
your diet, supplements and nutritional needs then you can make your appointment with our dieticians at https://healinghospital.co.in/mother-and-child-care-hospital-in-chandigarh/
Things that you should avoid during your pregnancy
- If you are taking any sort of medication, then make sure to consult your doctor.
- You should stop smoking, alcohol and other unhealthy habits as soon you come to know about your pregnancy.
- Avoid raw meat, sea food, raw eggs, unpasteurized dairy products and caffeine. You can read more about the things that you should avoid during
pregnancy here https://www.healinghospital.co.in/10-top-things-to-avoid-during-the-first-trimester/
At Healing Hospital, we are committed towards offering world-class medical services especially when it comes to pregnant women and baby delivery. We promote normal and natural child birth under the supervision of highly qualified, professional and experienced team of gynecologists.
In addition, we offer single-priced affordable baby delivery package that covers the hospital stay, laboratory tests, medical expenses and to make the experience a blissful one, we will be celebrating the celebration along with you (Cake cutting, Room Decoration etc.). To know more about our maternity services and child care provisions contact us at https://healinghospital.co.in/mother-and-child-care-hospital-in-chandigarh/
Have any questions?