Tips to Maintain Urological Health By Best Urologist in Chandigarh
Urologists in Chandigarh think that people don’t give priority to urological health when it comes to their general health and well-being. They are mostly focussed on physical fitness, taking care of their weight, nutrition or at the most, their heart’s health. But they tend to ignore a very crucial aspect of their wellness which is surely the urological health. If it is ignored for long then surely you are inviting serious issues and medical ailments accompanied with lot of pain, and discomfort. Urological diseases tend to affect many organs of body that includes kidney, ureters, bladder and urethra.
Thus, urological health is as important as any other aspect of your body.
Here are the tips given by best urologist in Chandigarh if you want to maintain good Urological health:
1) Drink plenty of water– Depending on the climatic conditions you should consume more than 3 litres of water. As you drink more water the urine will remove the waste or toxins from your body which is certainly great for your urological health as well as overall wellness. If you don’t drink enough water then the urine becomes concentrated which can lead to increased risk of bladder infections and kidney stones. It is also good to stay hydrated with you are in sun, doing exercises. It will prevent dehydration and ultimately your urological health will remain robust.
People who have infections or kidney stones are advised to drink 10 to 12 glasses of water every day. But you need to consult your urologist in Chandigarh if you have any other medical condition in which case it might not be advisable to increase the amount of water.
2) Don’t hold urine for too long– Listen to your bladder and don’t wait too long to urinate as overtime this habit can stretch your bladder. This
is not a good thing as it will lead to incomplete emptying of bladder, infections etc. Now this does not mean that you keep on rushing to the bathroom all the time. Also, when you urinate, make sure that you take enough time to completely empty your bladder.
3) Maintain good hygiene practices– You need to maintain good hygiene practices to prevent the risk of infections. This also includes using clean bathrooms especially in public places. In addition, Genital hygiene is very important and you need to keep your genital area clean by washing it every day.
4) Take care of your diet– You should take range of fruits and vegetable and make healthier food choices. If you have sensitive bladder, it is best to stay away from spicy and acidic food. It’s always important that you take bladder friendly food like bananas, nuts, eggs, beans and whole grains. Clear your diet of refined sugar and carbohydrates. It is best to stick to organic, healthy and wholesome diet for your urological well-being.
5) Stay away from caffeinated drink– If you want that your urological health should thrive then, you need to stay away from caffeinated drinks as they can irritate the bladder. In fact, they are diuretic which means you will urinate more than these drinks make urine. This will eventually leads to dehydration which is the root cause of kidney stones and infections of bladder. So don’t confuse drinking coffee, tea or cola as same as staying hydrated with water or natural fluids like fruit juices.
6) Check your salt intake– When you take lot of salt in your diet, it affects your kidneys. It has been observed that high sodium diet is linked with high blood pressure and if this is not controlled, it can harm kidneys and also increase the risk of developing kidney stones. You need to take care of hidden sodium in the processed foods like canned meats, soups and other packaged stuff like chips, breakfast cereals etc.
7) Maintain healthy weight– Obese or overweight people often experience more urological problems. A heavier abdomen tends to put extra pressure on urinary system. This also contributes to other medical conditions like diabetes, hypertensions and high cholesterol that further hamper your urological health. It is best to maintain a good level of physical activity. Sedentary lifestyle and lack of exercise can weaken the muscles of your urinary system. Hence, you should stick to a balanced diet and exercising regularly to maintain healthy weight.
8) Strengthen your pelvic floor muscle– Kegel exercises are great way to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles which will in turn support your urinary system. Men especially are more interested in building biceps and they ignore this very crucial aspect of fitness training. The word of caution here- ‘you should start kegel exercises under the supervision of a physical trainer only.’
9) Stop smoking– Smoking is linked with many urological diseases like bladder and kidney cancer, kidney stones and urinary incontinence. You need to start taking concrete steps towards quitting from today. For that, you can contact urologist in Chandigarh to make a plan that will help you in the cessation of smoking and take you towards healthier life.
10) Share your concerns with your Urologist– In Chandigarh, you have easy access to one of the most experienced and qualified urologists. So feel free to contact them as Urological conditions can be a cause of concern for both men and women of all ages. You should always remain open about learning and improving your urological health. It is advisable to consult best urologist in Chandigarh and share your concerns. You should not be shy or feel embarrassed about seeking advice related to your urological problems.
It is high time that you take charge of your urological health by these healthy life choices. In case, you are facing any sign and symptom of urological pain or discomfort feel free to contact our highly experienced team of urologists in Chandigarh at Healing Hospital. We are always ready to offer best support, care and treatment for all kinds of urological problems.
Have any questions?